Sage Enforcer reels offer 50% more drag than their predecessor, the Spectrum Max. This is an enormous benefit in big game fishing and a comforting fact for every angler who plans to fish their reels hard for a lot of years, providing an allowance for slackening over time without losing fundamental capability. The Enforcer’s features are familiar: fully machined, large arbor with a narrow spool, fully sealed drag with a single-turn knob and numbered detentes for easy tension setting. These are lightweight, smooth-operating, durable, confidence-building reels that will pair with any saltwater fly rod to be fished anywhere in the world.
Sage has made numerous subtle design upgrades that benefit performance and the angler’s experience. The spool’s concave, ported arbor adds strength and capacity. The reel foot is radiused to prevent line/leader abrasion. A large, ergonomic handle is easy to locate and operate in the heat of a fight. Internal seals are larger and more robust, insurance against the pernicious salt.
These fine reels are built to last and a pleasure to use, one hard-running fish at a time.
– Ultra-Robust SCS Drag
– One Revolution Drag Knob with numbered and detented settings
– Radius cornered reel foot to prevent line/leader abrasion
– Large arbor for fast line pick-up
– Concave, ported arbor for greater strength and capacity
– Large diameter ergonomic handle
– Quick-change spool mechanism
– Fully machined 6061-T6 aerospace grade aluminum